The proposed IECL under Contract HY/2009/19 involves the modification to a portion of the existing Island Eastern Corridor (IEC) between Hing Fat Street and Po Leung Kuk Ye Lee Mo Fan Memorial School, construction of a new IEC eastbound bridge, demolition of the existing eastbound bridge and reconstruction of the existing westbound bridge.
The proposed new bridge structures are formed mainly by precast segmental deck constructed by the balanced cantilever method.
Services provided by YWL
YWL Engineering was engaged by the main contractor and the specialist sub-contractors to provide the following services:
- Design and supply of segment moulds.
- Design and supply of unloading derrick.
- Design and supply of movable & stationary gantry cranes.
- Launching girder design and fabrication supervision.
- Geometry control for segment casting and erection
- Precamber calculation.
- Stress check for permanent works during construction.
- Design of temporary works for segment erection.